Causes for Periorbital Dark Circles Around your Eyes:
Is your Face beautiful and free from Periorbital Dark Circles? Everybody wants to look gorgeous every moment of the day, but your untamed beauty may get disrupted with the slight dark patches under your eyes. It might make you look more aged, or you may look like having a sleepless night.
Normally the Periorbital dark circles signify the thin layers of the skin under your eyes are showing the blood vessels more prominently than the rest of your body. As a result, the skin under your eyes looks darker than the rest of your body. The arrival of Periorbital dark circles can be caused by many reasons, the most assumed being tiredness or deprivation of sleep. In some cases, they are indeed the main reasons of having dark circles under the eyes, but not in all cases. 6 Home Remedies to Remove Dark Circles
Let’s discuss some common causes of Periorbital dark circles:
- Alcohol: Excess consumption of Alcohol can cause the dark circles to appear in your eyes.
- Sleep Deprivation: This is the most commonly known reason for the dark circles. The dark circles can really appear overnight if you are not having enough sleep in the night.
- Stress: Over stress can also cause Periorbital dark circles.
- Oversleep: As the lack of sleep can cause the dark circles to appear in your eyes, so is the over sleep.
- Allergies: The allergies like nasal congestion can cause the dark circles. It normally dilates the blood vessels, especially draining the ones under the eyes. As a result, the area under your eyes darkens.
- Heredity: Heredity is another vital factor for the darkening the skin under the eyes. The darkening of the skin under the eyes may run in the family and one can inherit the dark circles from their very childhood.
- Skin Pigmentation Disorders: The term pigment means colouring. Your skin color is dependent on a pigment named Melanin. Melanin is produced by some special cells of the body and if these cells get damaged, it can produce more Melanin. The excess production of Melanin can darken your skin color. In some special conditions like during pregnancy, Addison’s disease the skin starts producing excess Melanin which commonly causes ‘Periorbital dark circles’ under the eyes.
- Sun Exposure: The over exposure in the sun can make our body produce more melanin, which can cause the Periorbital dark circles around our eyes.
- Eczema: The skin diseases like Eczema can also cause the dark circles under your eyes.
- Anaemia: The deficiency of iron in the blood can cause prevention of carrying oxygen in the blood tissues around your eyes. This is most likely to cause “Periorbital dark circles” under your eyes.
- Ageing: As we age, the collagen and fat surrounding our eyes keeps vanishing. The thin skin around our eyes also keeps thinning more. As a result, the skin around our eyes darkens.
- Lifestyle: The hectic life with a combination excess smoking, drinking or any other bad habit can prevent the blood tissues around the eyes to retain oxygen. In this case, the Periorbital dark circles will be a very common occurrence.
Apart from these common reasons, the dark circles under your eyes can also arrive due to excess salt in your food or crying longer than a period.