Do you want to Protect yourself from Dengue Fever?
- Take light, nutritive, warm and easily digestible foods. Ensure proper rest and sleep and maintain personal and environmental hygiene.
- Consume 2 grams Shunthi (Dry Ginger) powder twice daily with infusion prepared by adding 5 grams (one tablespoonful) of Guduchi (Giloye) powder in 100 ml (1/2 glass) of boiled water. Dose for children between 6 to 12 years of age will be half and for children below 6 years will be one fourth. One teaspoon of honey can be added to the infusion; and/or
- One litre of water boiled with 10-15 Tulsi leaves and 10-15 grams Dhania (Coriander) powder for ten minutes and cooled to room temperature may be consumed at intervals of 3-4 hours in a day.
- Use mosquito repellents like Raughan-i-Neem, Raughan-i-Kameela
- Take 200 ml water boiled with 11 leaves of Barg-i-Reehan (Tulsi) twice daily
- Sprinckle Khaksi seeds in the patient’s bed
- Take Pormergranate juice 50 ml thrice daily
- Take Kalonji powder 3 grams twice daily
- To boost immunity: Khamira Marwareed 4 grams twice daily with 20 ml. Arq Barg-i-Papita or Sheer-i-Buz
- For prevention take one dose of Eupatorium perfoliatum 30 (4 pills of size 30 by adults and 2 pills of size 30 by children) daily for 3 days.
YOGA & NATUROPATHY:
- Give more of liquid diet like fruit juices, tender coconut water, lemon honey water or wheat grass juice or any other liquid
- Plain luke warm water enema can be taken daily for few days
- Ice cold wet pack on the forehead and abdomen for high fever
- Patient can also practice Nadishudhi/Anulomaviloma pranayama, Sitali and Sitkari and Bhramari pranayama (may be each 9 rounds twice daily)
- For prevention of Dengue Nilavembu-Kudineer 60 ml daily in morning for adult, 30 ml for children throughout the dengue season
- For treatment of Dengue-Kudineer 60 ml daily in morning for adult, 30 ml for children till cure
-Source: THE HINDU (News Paper)