How to Gain Body Weight?
Though most of us are much concerned about the heavy body weight and think only heavy/over body weight is the health problem, but under weight is also a major health problem and potential enough to cause various health issues including:
- Immature body growth (especially in children)
- Weak bones (both in children and adult)
- Weak memory
- Skin problem
- Hair problem and
- Vulnerable to many other diseases
It is surprising to share, but under weight is more dangerous than the overweight. Therefore it is necessary to maintain your balanced body weight. Following are some of the easy steps, which will help you to increase your body weight:
Eat healthy does not mean, to eat junk food and such kind of food rather it means take nutritious food. Increase your food intake and eat only fresh food. However, you need to take care of the following points:
- Do not keep yourself hungry more than 4 hours in stretch: A weak body or underweight body needs more energy without gap; therefore, do not keep yourself hungry more than four hours in stretch. Keep eating whatever you get.
- Do not make choice: Do not make choice regarding food items rather eating everything. Just take care of junk food; otherwise, eat anything including all vegetables, all fruits or anything fresh edible item.
- Eat many times: Initially, do not make routine rather keep eating whenever feel hungry. If you cannot eat more in one go, eat in two or three hours break.
- Sleep well: Sleep at least seven to eight hours.
- Do not take tension of anything: If you have any sort of tension, first solve that; otherwise, your healthy eating will be waste. Remember, for weight gain, you have to be happy, no tension at all because tension restrains normal functioning of human body.
- Drink more water: Drink at least four to five litre of water every day.
Balance diet means taking proper food to maintain the level of daily calories required for your body. To take balance diet, you need to take care of the following points:
- Follow a routine: Your food chart will be depending upon your everyday calories loss; so, make a routine of your daily activities to check how much calories you lose every day. If you do more physical works, you need more calories or else if you live normal life no extra activity, then you need less calories.
- Make Food Chart: Depending upon your everyday calories loss, make a food chart for yourself. Mention everything i.e. eating timing, food items, and types and quantity of food items.
- Take Nutrient rich food: Rather taking more quantity of food, please take less, but nutrient rich food. For example, regularly eat seasonal fruits, take fresh fruit juice, salad, fresh vegetable soup, etc.
Among all nutrients, protein is the most important. It is necessary for a healthy living. Following Food Chart illustrates the protein rich food items with their eating time:
Calories rich Foods to Gain Body Weight:
Following are the calories rich food items beneficial for the weight gain:
- Fats & Oils: Soybean Oil, Coconut Oil, Peanut Oil, Canola Oil, Olive Oil, Palm Oil, Almond Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Sesame Oil, Cocoa Butter, Sunflower Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Walnut Oil, Hazelnut Oil, etc.
- Nuts & Seeds: Pecans, Pine Nuts, Desiccated Coconut, Walnuts (183), Hazelnuts, Peanuts, Almonds, Cashew Nuts, etc.
- Dried Fruit & Fruit Juices: Raisins, Dates, Dried Apricots, Dried Peaches, Dried Cherries, Dried Blueberries, Dried Pears, Figs, Dried Cranberries, Dried Apples, Prune Juice, Grape Juice, Pineapple Juice, Pomegranate Juice, Passion Fruit Juice, etc.
- Food Grains: Wheat, Rice, Gram, Lentil, Barley, Beans, Millet, Corn, Oat, etc.
- Milk Products: Curd, Yogurt, Cheese, Butter, Ghee, etc.
- Non-Vegetarian: Red Meat, Chicken Meat, Fish, and Eggs
Fitness and Exercise:
A balanced exercise is very good for the weight gain especially aerobic exercise. Actually physical exercise burns more calories and hence enhances your appetite. It also cures the malfunctioning of metabolic activities inside your body.
In addition, physical exercise strengthens your muscles and increases your stamina. Ultimately, it maintains your healthy living life and your happiness.