How to Treat your Skin during Winter?
Do you know, how to treat your Skin during Winter? Winter throws a big challenge to us to maintain ourselves. The dry weather also causes serious damage to our skin and hair. It starts to look dull and dry. Gradually it becomes a big concern for all of us.
Types of Skin Damage:
- Dry skin causes wrinkle which no one wants to have. Under eye lines become prominent on the rough skin.
- Lips and feet get cracked if they are not properly taken care of. Cracked heels and dry lips give a bad impression in the very first meeting.
- Dandruff is a major problem in winter. Our scalp gets dry which results into drizzle of dandruff. Dandruff affects skin with the gift of pimples and rashes.
- Body gets a rough texture with many scratches in winter. To get the smooth skin, you definitely need to take extra care in winter.
To Fight against all these Skin Damages you need some Extra Preparation. Here are some DO’s to Strictly Follow during Winter, how to treat your skin:
- Skin needs moisture to give a glowing effect but in winter lack of moisture in our body spoils our looks. It’s very important to use moisturiser on a regular basis for nourishing your skin.
- We generally use face wash to get a clear skin. Face wash makes our skin even drier. So in winter you need to try cleanser even if you are loyal to your face wash.
- Clean – up must be done in three steps. Apply cleanser, toner and moisturiser to get the best effect.
- Pollution level is high in winter. Keeping that in mind you must cover your face with a scarf to avoid dust.
- Don’t forget to use sunscreen lotion even it is not a very sunny day. Our skin easily gets tanned in winter.
- Keep the water lukewarm when taking shower. You can use body shampoo in this season. That will certainly keep your skin scratch free. If you want to use soap, go for glycerine soaps which are easily available in the market.
- To take care of your feet in winter, put them in a tub filled with lukewarm water. It will make it soft and tender. Clean your feet with brush and apply any foot cream or body oil to heal your cracked heels.
We Possess very little Knowledge about Skin care and how to treat your skin in a Natural Way. Here are some Easy Tips that you can Try at your Home:
- Apply tomato pulp in winter to get rid of tan. It gives an instant glow.
- Use aloe Vera leaves in your cracked heels and damaged skin. Thick fleshy leaves of aloe Vera produce a gel. Be it sunburn or acne the gel can be the best solution. It moisturises our skin and fades away any spot on faces.
- Honey is another easily available item which adds moisture and gives clear tone. Apply it on your face and keep it that way till it gets dry. Wash it with lukewarm water to get the best effect. You can add milk cream with honey if you have a dry skin.
- Cucumber naturally hydrates our skin and also clears the dark circle.
- Papaya also helps to improve skin texture and removes scars naturally.
- Dirt and impurities can be removed by walnut. It ex-foliates our skin and can be used as a scrubber.
- To fight with the dry skin, increase your water intake. Normally we don’t get thirsty in winter like summer. That does not mean that our body does not need water. Take at least 10-12 glass of water to get a youthful skin. It simply flushes out the toxins through sweat and urination.
Now everyone is very particular about looks. You can treat your skin with natural ingredients or you can trust on various skin care products. So choice is yours. Those who have dry skin need to handle it with care. For them soap-free moisturising cleanser works wonder. Moreover, in winter wrap yourself under thick woollen cover. Always clean your dead cells properly so that moisturiser can easily penetrate in your skin.