Tips to Balance Family Life in Extreme Work Pressure:
Balance family life and office work at the same time is a complex issue. It throws a big challenge to this generation X who are dedicated professionals leading a mechanical life. Balancing life between Children, family, spouse, relatives and work is a regular threat.
If you have a kid, he or she needs extra attention and deserves your real time. Both the parents have separate role to play to bring up their child. If one is busy with work other can be a support. Situation may change when both get busy in their life. There comes the question’ ’How to balance family life?’’
Most of us find it difficult as it demands our utmost effort to balance the life between office and family. The advent of technology saves our time and energy to some extent but at the same it keeps us glued to mobile, social media which cost us stress. Family life is supposed to be stress- free but nowadays we carry our work at home which keeps us busy even on weekends.
As the working pattern is changing to meet the goal set by international market, people find it tough to retain their job. It throws a big challenge to the working class to balance their life. Here is a list of strategies, commonly applied by the working professionals to balance family life in extreme work pressure.
- Handle Pressure Differently: Office is our priority only during our office hours. The moment you log out your system, you are a free bird. Handling office matter alone is not a wise decision. You can use your team to manage the crisis. In that way you will not be solely responsible for any catastrophe. Remember, office is not your permanent address but your family is fixed with you. So keep that on first priority.
- Get Assistance: It’s not possible for you to be everywhere. Sometime you need someone to assist you both at office and at home. Don’t hesitate to seek help and advice from others to excel at your role.
- Divide your Time: When you are in office, give your attention to deal with official issues but when at home, give your 100% to your family. Late office hours or carrying office work at home proves your incompetency to submit your work on time. So be diligent at office to wrap up your project timely. This way you can easily take some more time out for your family.
- Weekend Trip: Being a dedicated employee when you work five days for your office, keep the weekends exclusively for your family. Go out for trip or take your family for lunch to spend some quality time with your near ones. This way the bonding remains integral.
- Avoid Conflicts: When an entire day is short to live don’t waste it by getting involved in any conflict. Be it office or house, try to handle any issue calmly. Don’t get hyper in crisis period. Communicate properly to ease out the situation. This way you can save time and get your work done perfectly.
We all are social being. Keeping that in mind, be cordial and nice to everyone so that you can ask for help in case of emergency. Life is easier when we have someone next to us in need. And for living a happy life, you have to balance family life and your work life too.