Tree Pose – Vrksasana:
While doing Tree Pose, it gives the true spirit of tree, thus named as tree pose. Stand erects on the left leg, bend the right leg and put the right foot on the root of right thigh. Continue the pose like as a tree on the ground. Tree Pose advances multifaceted physical and mental health. Wide Legged Forward Bend Pose – Prasarita Padottanasana
Step-By-Step Instructions for Tree Pose (Vrksasana):
- ‘Tree Pose’: Stand in Tadasana. Shift your weight a bit onto the left foot, keeping the inner foot strong to the ground, and bend your right knee. Stretch down with your right hand and grip your right ankle.
- Pull your right foot up and put the sole against the inner left thigh; if possible, squeeze the right heel into the inner left groin, toes pointing toward the ground. The center of your pelvis should be straight over the left foot.
- Rest your hands on the top rim of your pelvis. Confirm that the pelvis is in a neutral position, with the top rim parallel to the ground.
- Expand your tailbone toward the ground. Strongly squeeze the right foot sole against the inner thigh and stand up with the outer left leg. Look softly at a fixed point in front of you on the ground about 4 or 5 feet away.
- Stay for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Step back to Tadasana while breathing out and repeat for the same length of time with the legs move back.
Benefits of Tree Pose (Vrksasana):
- It lengthens the whole body from toes to fingers, thus energize you.
- It gives peace to your mind thus good for those who are facing the problem of depression and anxiety.
- It alleviates your stamina, concentration and immunity.
- It is good for your hips as it helps to open it.
- It improves the flexibility of legs, back and chest muscles.
- It makes your ankle stronger.
- It is also good for your knees. The person who is having knee problems should do it.
- It gives satisfactory stretching to the groins.
- Person suffering from flat feet should definitely practice it.
- It makes you more occupied and concentrated.
- By practicing this asana, the ligaments and tendons of the feet become strong.
- It is also good for pelvic region.
- It develops popularity and self-confidence.
- It calms and relaxes the central nervous system.
- It helps to cure rheumatic pain and also treats lack of sensation.
Some of the necessary warnings and side effects of this yoga pose are as follows: It should not be done if one is suffering from High blood pressure, Low blood pressure, Migraine, sleeplessness, severe knee problems and Hip injury.
All the yoga poses should be done with proper breathing procedures. The same things are put in with Vrksasana. While in “Tree Pose”, breathe in and raise your both arms above your head and form Namaskar mudra.