What are the Surprising Benefits of Brinjal?
Do your want to know the surprising benefits of Brinjal? The vegetable eggplant, also known as the brinjal or aubergine, comes from the same family of vegetables like potato, tomato and peppers. Botanically, brinjal is a fruit rather than a vegetable. The plant of brinjal grows up as vines, like the tomatoes. Though in our kitchen, we treat it as a vegetable.
There are a number of varieties of eggplants are available in various parts of this world. The size, shapes, colours differ according to the variety. Mostly, it can be categorized into two large parts, i.e. the round or oval shaped eggplants and thin and slightly long eggplants.
Like any other fruit and vegetables, eggplants are also full of health benefits. Let’s check some of them:
Nutrition facts of Eggplant:
Though there is a huge amount of fiber content present in an eggplant, it contents a very small number of calories. This is extremely beneficial for the people who are in diet and possess the desire to lose some of their weight. The skin of the eggplant also holds some Nutrition value. It holds antioxidants like phenolic flavonoid phytochemicals which are called anthocyanins. These anti-oxidants are beneficial against the diseases like ageing, cancer, inflammation, and several neurological diseases.
Eggplants also contain several B complexes group of Vitamins. These vitamins are essential for the body. Eggplants are also contained minerals like copper, iron, manganese, potassium.
Health Benefits of Brinjal or Eggplant:
Eggplants also possess some of the benefits of Brinjal for your health, like:
- The brinjals are a good source of fiber and low soluble carbohydrates. This combination helps the regulation of blood sugar to remain normal. Apart from preventing diabetes, the people suffering from type 2 diabetes also get benefited from the consumption of eggplant.
- Eggplants also help to bring down the cholesterol level. This is very beneficial for the heart. This process also stabilizes the blood pressure along with bringing down the risk of a heart attack.
- The Phytonutrients, present in an eggplant protects the cell membrane. It keeps your brain function normal and protects any damage on the brain.
- Our body needs the iron day in and day out. Yet, too much iron can seriously affect the general functions of the body. The eggplants help the body to clean up unwanted or excess iron from the body, thus lowering the risk of heart attack.
- Eggplants possess a small amount of nicotine which is really helpful if you want to say goodbye to your smoking habit.
- It helps to lower the chance of cardiovascular diseases.
Beauty Benefits of Brinjal or Eggplant:
Eggplants also possess some of the benefits of Brinjal for your skin, like:
- Rich with Vitamins, minerals and fiber, eggplants keeps your system clean, which enhances the natural glow of your skin. It enhances the beauty from within, so you can forget about the artificial makeup while you are having plenty of eggplants.
- Eggplants also have sufficient water contents. It keeps your skin smooth and supple. This water content also keeps your skin healthy and keeps it glowing from inside.
- The skin of eggplants has antioxidants like Anthocyanins, which has an amazing anti- ageing quality.
To preserve these benefits of eggplants while cooking, use a stainless steel knife to cut the eggplants. Try to keep the skins of the eggplants intact to intake the benefit of this skin of brinjals.