What are the Surprising Benefits of Guava?
Do you want to know the surprising benefits of Guava? The yellow-green fruit belonging to Myrtle family of fruits are one of the tastiest and healthiest foods of all time. A Guava can be of both round and oval shapes. This tropical fruit is assumed to be originated from Central America.
It can actually grow in both dry and humid weather. Mainly a seasonal fruit, it is eaten raw. Along with the raw fruits, the guavas are famous for its jam, jellies, and the juices.
Apart from being tasty and delicious, this fruit is the powerhouse of nutrients. This healthy fruit can be eaten any point of the day, in breakfast, between the meals, as the afternoon snacks or in a lazy bite after the dinner. The versatility of this popular fruit is sure to attract the people of every age. The nutrition benefits of this popular fruits are,
Nutrition Facts of the Guava (Benefits of Guava):
Like other healthy fruits, Guava is high on Vitamins and low in calories. The essential Vitamins along with anti-oxidants and Minerals help your body to get rid of some deadly diseases. Some of these Vitamins and Minerals are,
Guavas are rich in soluble dietary fiber. This dietary fiber keeps your stomach full while solving many kinds of Colon problems.
This essential fruit is an excellent source of production of Vitamin C. 100 gms of Guava nearly provides three times of our daily required Vitamin C. The outer flesh of the Guava contains more Vitamin C than the inner one.
Apart from Vitamin C, Guava also contains Vitamin A, along with other flavonoids like beta-carotene, lycopene, lutein and cryptoxanthin., which are essential for maintaining Optimum health. Vitamin A helps in maintaining good skin and beta-carotene prevents oral and cavity cancer. The element lycopene helps in healing the sun damage and prevents the prostate cancer.
The other B-complex Vitamins like pantothenic acid, niacin, vitamin-B6, along with Vitamin E and K, and Minerals like Potassium, magnesium, copper, and manganese are present in this amazing fruit.
The Health Benefits of Guava:
Among all the health benefits, the main health benefits of Guava are:
- The Copper in Guava helps in keeping the problems with Thyroid gland in check.
- The Guava is an excellent source of Dietary fiber, the small seeds of this fruit act as excellent laxatives. Thus, it helps in excellent bowel movements and helps in maintaining proper digestion and avoiding constipation.
- The Vitamin B3 or Niacin increases blood flow and maintain cognitive function. Whereas, Vitamin B6 is a great nutrient for the function of brain and nerve.
- The Guava is a natural solution for infertility in men.
The Beauty (Skin and Hair) Benefits of Guava:
Guava is also beneficial for hair and skin, some of them are:
- The pulp of fresh Guava can act as an excellent natural scrubber. It helps in improving your complexion and removing the impurities.
- Guava is an excellent source of water content. It helps in keeping the skin hydrated.
- The paste of Guava leaves helps in removing the blackheads from your nose.
- The Guava leaves are another natural remedy for the hair loss.
Overall, this fruit edible along with skin and its seeds provides you natural nutrients while curbing your appetite at the same time.