What are the Surprising Benefits of Lemon?
Do your want to know the surprising benefits of Lemon? If there is an existence of elixir of life which can magically help you shredding some weight, cure your indigestion, makes your skin healthy and beautiful, then it’s definitely the juice of our favourite lemon. Lemon is the magic fruit which can serve all this purpose in one go, along with some others. It also has the magical quality of curing the deadly diseases like Cancer.
The history of claiming the throne of this magical fruit is very interesting. It was first used to cure the on board disease named ‘Scurvy’ of the sailors. Later in the year 1747, the scientist James Lind had found lemon’s magical capacity of healing diseases.
The lemon is not only favoured by its capacity of healing of diseases, it is also universally liked for its sour taste. A lemon is used to bring a tangy sour taste on various food items, like salads, drinks etc. The nutrition value of a lemon can be endless. Treating various diseases to treating dandruff, lemon can be used in various cases.
Nutrient Facts of Lemon:
Lemon holds many nourishing elements like Vitamin A, B6, C, E along with folate, copper, calcium, zinc, phosphorus, iron, potassium, magnesium, and protein etc. it also carries the Flavonoids, which is a powerful antioxidant that can fight cancer.
The elements like niacin thiamine, riboflavin, Pantothenic acid are also present in a lemon. Along with solving the issues like Diabetes, Constipation, High blood Pressure, it is also beneficial for your hair, skin and teeth. Let’s discuss some of these benefits of Lemon:
The Health Benefits of Lemon:
- The juice of lemon acts as a blood purifier. It cleans the system along with curing the problems like indigestion and constipation.
- To get rid of the high fever, lemon can help by increasing perspiration.
- Rich in Vitamin C, lemon helps in preventing asthma, it also boosts immunity system. During winter, while the physical activity lessens, and we get more prone to cold, cough and flu, the juice of lemon protects us from these diseases and helps to be more active and strong.
- The juice of lemon is an excellent remedy for obesity. In the morning lemon juice with hot water and honey helps in losing extra pounds very fast.
Beauty (Skin and Hair) Benefits of Lemon:
- Lemon is good for getting rid of the tooth-ache. The raw juice of a lemon is a miracle cure for a toothache. This juice of lemon is also good for gum bleeding.
- Lemon helps the body to produce the collagen, which helps in smoothing the lines of your face. As a result, you look fresh and young day in and day out.
- After a long day of work, a dip of your feet in hot water with drops of lemon will help your body to rejuvenate, and keep your muscles relaxed.
- The lemon juice is excellent for the treatment of Dandruff. As a result, it helps in reducing the hair fall. The application of lemon juice in the hair also increases the shine of the hair.
Overall, a dose of lemon juice once in a day will keep you fit and energetic for the rest of the day. It will provide your body enough strength to fight with unwanted body-troubles.