What are the Surprising Benefits of Cherries?
Do you want to know the surprising benefits of Cherries? The small red fruit which is most commonly seen on the top of our cake is one of the most tempting fruits of all the time. If eaten fresh, the cherries can be really good for your health.
Normally eaten raw, it is used for garnishing the desserts, even is used in making wine. Apart from red, the cherries can be yellow in color. The fresh Cherries are full of health-boosting nutrients. Let’s check out some of these reasons to include cherries in your diet:
Nutrition Facts of the Cherries:
Cherries contain different Nutrients, Vitamins and Minerals for a better health:
- The Vitamin C and K are the prime Vitamins of cherries. Cherries also contain Vitamin B6 along with Thiamin, riboflavin, and pantothenic acid. The cherries also possess a small amount of Vitamin A with niacin and folate.
- The polyphenolic antioxidants like lutein, zeaxanthin and beta-carotene are present in the cherry, they help the body to get rid of the harmful radicals.
- The minerals like Potassium and Manganese are stored in cherries for a good amount. They are also the source of Magnesium and Copper with a significant amount of Phosphorus,Zinc, and iron.
- Cherries are a good source of dietary fiber. The fruit’s main ingredients are its water content and Carbohydrates. Cherries are very low in cholesterol, saturated fat and sodium contents.
- The cherries hold the reputation of pigment rich foods. The pigments are normally polyphenolic flavonoids, called anthocyanin glycosides. It holds the reputation of being excellent antioxidant.
The Health Benefits of Cherries:
The probable health benefits of the Cherries are as follows:
- Cherries contain Potassium, which is a natural blood pressure reducer. This nutrient helps in balancing the fluids of our body. As a result, thus, it helps to get rid of the problems like Hypertension. The antioxidants of the cherries also keep the blood vessel smooth and supple.
- The juice of Cherries is excellent for after-work out muscle soreness. Especially, after a heavy workout, this juice brings new energy in the body and reduces the aches due to it.
- The elements like beta-carotene, vitamin C, anthocyanins and quercetin together have the properties of fighting with cancer. The content anthocyanin cyanidin normally prevents the genetic mutation which normally leads to cancer. The sweet and ripe cherries contain more Antioxidants than the ripe ones.
- The element named anthocyanins have the properties of Fat-burning. Thus, it decreases the fat storage and help to reduce your waistline.
- Too much Uric Acid in your blood can cause swelling, inflammation and tenderness in your body, which can lead to Arthritis. The red cherries help in lowering Uric Acid from the blood which helps in solving a problem like Gout and Arthritis. The anthocyanins also act as the natural pain-killer for various pains of your body.
- The antioxidant melatonin of the cherries helps in sleeping well.
The Beauty Benefits of Cherries:
Cherries have many beauty benefits also i.e., Hair Care and Skin Care:
- Consuming cherries every day slows down the ageing process. It fights with the free radicals which are responsible for ageing, thus helping you to look younger.
- Rich is Vitamin A, the cherries have Anti-Bacterial properties. Thus, it fight with Toxins in blood and thus reduce the chance of Acne, vulgaris, and rosacea.
- The antioxidants in cherries help in hair growth and control the hair-loss.
So, apart from using the cherries for your desserts, add them to your daily diet for its exceptional health-boosting properties.