What are the Surprising Benefits of Yogurt?
Do you want to know the surprising benefits of Yogurt? The yogurt is a fermented version of the milk – counted as one of the most delicious yet healthy products of this world.
To convert the milk in yogurt, the good bacteria are added in milk. These bacteria cause fermentation of lactose in Lactic acid, which helps in transforming the milk in Yogurt. Mostly, the cow milk is used in making the Yogurt worldwide.
In some of the parts of the world, Yogurt is an essential ingredient in the daily meal. It is often eaten as healthy and delicious dessert, taken with cereals, added in cooking to enhance the taste. Yogurt is also used in making fruit salads and often taken by the people who are obsessed with their fitness.
This amazing food contains good bacteria which can act as Pro-biotic. The nutrition elements that are present in a cup of Yogurt are amazingly versatile,
Nutrition Facts of the Yogurt:
The nutrition value of this healthy dessert is immeasurable. Including yogurt on your daily diet, you can stay away from many nutrient deficiencies in your regular life.
Protein: Yogurt is the one of the best sources of protein. The protein content in yogurt is somewhat more than the regular milk. The proteins of yogurt can be divided into two categories, whey, and casein, according to their solubility of water. Whey proteins are mainly categorized as water soluble whereas the insoluble proteins are called Casein. These two proteins are enriched in amino acids and possess a good digestibility.
The major portion of Protein of yogurt belongs to the Casein family. This specific type of protein helps the body to absorb the Minerals and helps in lowering the blood pressure. Around 20% of the Protein belongs to the family of Whey. These Whey proteins act as the excellent diet supplement for the fitness conscious people.
Fats: The fat present in the yogurt is mostly saturated fat. The fat present in yogurt depends largely on the milk it is made from. The healthy yogurt like Greek yogurt often hold the Mono-unsaturated fats which are actually good for health.
Carbs: Apart from fats, the carbs that exist in a yogurt is the milk sugars commonly known as Lactose and Galactose. Normally in the process of transformation from milk to yogurt, the element lactose breaks and it forms Galactose.
Vitamins and Minerals: The nutrient value of yogurt may vary on the milk or Bacteria generally used in the process of fermentation. The yogurt made of whole milk contains the Vitamins and Minerals like,
- B-complex Vitamins like B12, B2 etc. The Vitamin B2 is also called Riboflavin which is sourced from the milk products.
- The huge amount of Calcium and Phosphorus are also found in yogurt.
Pro-biotics: The good Bacteria of the yogurt are called as Pro-biotics. These bacteria are often found in the fermented milk products and they are very good for health. The health benefits of these bacteria are,
- The Pro-biotic bacteria enhance immunity, and also help to lower the Cholesterol.
- These Bacteria take care of the digestive track and protects human from Diarrhea. Regular intake of yogurt also lowers the chance of constipation.
- The Pro-biotic bacteria also lessen the symptoms of Lactose intolerance.
The Health Benefits of Yogurt:
The Awesome Benefits of Yogurt are:
- The yogurt is very famous for its gastrointestinal benefits. It helps in the situations like bowel diseases, Diarrhea, colon cancer, lactose intolerance, and constipation.
- The Pro-biotic bacteria of yogurt boost immunity and keep our digestive track healthy and effective.
- The regular doses of yogurt can prevent high blood pressure. The potassium in yogurt pumps away the extra sodium from our body which can result in keeping the blood pressure in check.
- The yogurt is enriched with high Calcium. Calcium protects your bone health and reduces the chances of Osteoporosis, a severe disease of bone.
- A fat-free yogurt, preferably made with skimmed milk can help you reducing a great deal of weight. It keeps you fuller, without adding an ounce of calories to your body.
The Beauty Benefits (Skin and Hair) of Yogurt:
- Yogurt acts as a natural moisturising for your skin. It soothes and hydrates your skin, and keep the dryness away.
- Applying yogurt on the hair will keep your hair conditioned; it also protects your scalp from itching and irritation.
- Yogurt also lightens up your complexion, it soothes problems like blemishes, irritation, and dry skin.
- Application of yogurt on your skin can stop the premature ageing of your skin. It soothes fine lines and wrinkles and provides your face a healthy glow. This process also tightens your skin pores to keep it healthy and glowing.
Overall it can be safely said, a full fat yogurt contains almost every single nutrient normally needed by the human.